What’s next? After you have worked tirelessly to find the home of your dreams, it’s time for the closing process to begin. Simply put, closing occurs when you sign the papers to make the house yours. However, before that day arrives the Montecito Real Estate Closing Process involves several important steps that are put in place to protect all parties. As your Montecito Real Estate Agent, it would be my pleasure to guide you and assist you throughout the entire process from beginning to end.
- Open Escrow – Escrow is an account held by a third party. This third party will hold the escrow amount you agreed upon in your purchase agreement until closing.
- Title Search and Title Insurance – When purchasing Montecito California Real Estate, title search and insurance provide peace of mind and legal safeguard so that when you buy a property, no one else can try to claim it as theirs later. A title officer will perform the search to make sure there are no clouds on the title.
- Appraisal – A lender will want to make sure you’re borrowing an amount equal or less than the home’s market value.
- Home Inspection – While a home inspection is not required, most buyers will choose to have an inspection to ensure they understand the condition of the home they are purchasing. If there are serious problems uncovered during inspection, you will generally have the opportunity to renegotiate or back out of the agreement.
- Final Walkthrough – This is one of the last steps before you sign closing papers to ensure no damage has occurred and nothing has been removed that is included in the purchase.
- Closing Day – It is imperative to review each closing document thoroughly before completing the Montecito Real Estate Closing Process. Generally, the buyer and seller, as well as their agents, will be present at the closing. Once all legal documents are signed, the title company will officially record the deed and other legal documents with the appropriate government agencies.
These are the very basic steps of the Montecito Real Estate Closing Process. It is important to remember that each purchase or sale is unique and that it is always in your best interest to have a local real estate professional assist you from beginning to end. Please take a moment to browse my blog and my website and let me know if you have any questions or if I can be of any assistance. You may also enjoy my recent Montecito Real Estate Market Report. There has never been a better time to consider the purchase of Montecito real estate. Contact me at your convenience to learn more!