You’ve found the home of your dreams, negotiated the contract and you’ve been running around making plans and getting ready to move – closing is just days away! There are just a few more steps before the keys to your new Goleta Real Estate are in your hands. One of these important steps is the Final Goleta Home Buying Walk Through. There is a lot that can happen in the final days before closing. Movers may have damaged a wall or the floor during the seller’s move, perhaps the curtains you negotiated into the deal have been taken down, or maybe the previous owner left the garage full of boxes and trash. Anything can happen, which is why it is imperative to complete a final walk through whether you are Buying a Second Home or Vacation Home or are moving into your primary residence. Here are a few tips to remember when touring the home for the final time:
- Check steps, sidewalks, driveways and patios for any noticeable change.
- Verify the condition of doors and windows, including locks.
- Check garage door and openers, as well as exterior lights and motion-activated lights.
- Flush all toilets and check all faucets.
- Check all appliances to ensure they are in working order, including water heater.
- Check ceilings, walls and floors for any new damage.
- Verify heating and air is operational.
- Ensure all negotiated terms from the contract are present and in the expected condition.
- Ensure that all the seller’s personal items and debris have been removed from the property.
As your Goleta Realtor, one of my responsibilities to both buyers and sellers is to ensure that this Final Goleta Home Buying Walk Through is completed to everyone’s satisfaction. If you’re considering the purchase or sale of a Goleta home or any property in the Santa Barbara area, it would be my pleasure to discuss the final walk through and many other details with you.
With more than three decades of real estate experience within this community, I have helped countless numbers of buyers and sellers reach their real estate goals. Whether you’d like more information on the Final Goleta Home Buying Walk Through or would like to speak with me to learn more about the community and its real estate, please do not hesitate to contact me today! I look forward to hearing from you soon.